On the Farm : Gallery : allanimalarts.deviantart.com/g…
-A sheep trained to turn the lights on and off will leave them them on 82% of the time.
-Sheep can survive up to two weeks buried in show drifts.
-Black sheep have a better sense of smell then white sheep.
-Cows and cats both get hairballs.
-Rabbits and horses cannot vomit.
-Horses and cows sleep while standing up.
-Unlike humans, sheep have four stomachs, each one helps them digest the food they eat.
Aquarium : Gallery: allanimalarts.deviantart.com/g…
- Dolphins sleep with one eye open.
-The horseshoe crab has sky-blue blood.
My Pet, My Friend: Gallery : allanimalarts.deviantart.com/g…
-If left alone, a dog will spend up to 3 hours a day remarking its scent posts.
-When given unlimited access to mice, cats will kill about 15 before stopping.
-Cat milk is 10% protein where cow milk is only 3%.
-Two dogs were hanged for witchcraft during the Salem witch trials.
-Even bloodhounds cannot smell the difference between two identical twins.
- Dogs have a remarkable sense of smell, they are capable of differentiating odors in concentrations nearly 100 million times lower than humans can.
-A group of cats is called a clowder, a male cat is called a tom, a female cat is called a molly or queen while young cats are called kittens.
- Cats use their whiskers to check whether a space is too small for them to fit through or not.
Into the Wild: Gallery: allanimalarts.deviantart.com/g…
-A blind chameleon will still change color to match its surroundings.
-Lions sleep 17 hours per day.
-Male monkeys go bald just as men do.
-Giraffes have no vocal cords, the communicate with their tails.
-A giraffe can run faster than a horse and go longer without water than a camel.
-Crocodiles can't move their tongues.
-Most wild birds live only 10% of their normal life span.
-The pouch on a pelican's beak can hold up to 2 gallons of water.
-Pigeons have three sets of eyelids.
-A homing pigeon will not be able to find its way home if a magnet it attached to their neck.
-The speckles on a bird's egg are as individual as a fingerprint.
-If birds could sweat they wouldn't be able to fly.
- Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.
-A hibernating bear can go as long as 6 months without a bathroom break.
-You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
-A slug has four noses.
-An ant can detect movement through five centimeters of earth.
-A hippo can open it's mouth wide enouth to fit a four foot child inside.
-Bats always exit a cave to the left.
-Jackrabbits got their name because their ears look like a donkey's (Jackass).
-Sloths sneeze slowly. They also give birth upside down.... slowly.
-Wolves could bark like dogs, they don't because they don't want to.
-Squirrels cannot see the color red.
-Camels are born without humps.
- The horn of a rhinoceros is made from compacted hair rather than bone or another substance.
- Did you know all frogs are poisonous? You have heard that the poison arrow frog could kill 200 people. But like all frogs he will not do so, as the poison on frogs is on their skin and not aimed at animals but at bacteria and fungus which would grow on their constantly wet skin.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
Save US: Gallery: allanimalarts.deviantart.com/g…
- Despite the white, fluffy appearance of Polar Bears fur, it actually has black skin.
-Polar bears are left-handed.
-Rare white tigers carry a gene that is only present in around 1 in every 10000 tigers.
- Tigers that breed with lions give birth to hybrids known as tigons and ligers.